Staten Island Chuck and Punxsutawney Phil both defied the temptation to give humans hope, and instead predicted more winter. Chuck took advantage of the new mayor's first Groundhog Day and tried to make a break for it mid-prognostication.
Closer to home - at least my home - Drina predicts at least four more weeks of hibernation.
Additional groundhogs added below as news becomes available.
- Buckeye Chuck (Marion, Ohio)*
- Fred la Marmotte (Val d'Espoir, Quebec)
- General Beauregard Lee (Georgia)
- Holtsville Hal (Long Island, New York)
- Malverne Mel (Long Island, New York)
- Milltown Mel (New Jersey)
- Shubenacadie Sam (Nova Scotia)
- Winnipeg Willow (Manitoba)
- Wynter (Milwaukee, Wisconsin)
Six More Weeks of Winter:
- Connecticut Chuckles VIII
- Gertie (Peoria, Illinois)
- Mayzie the hedgehog (Oregon)*
- Queen Charlotte (Charlotte, North Carolina)
- Sir Walter Wally (Raleigh, North Carolina)
- Wiarton Willie
- Woodstock Willie (Illinois)
* - Indicates a groundhog not reported in the 2013 Groundhog Day roundup. Reliable information was not available for HuckyToo of Ohio, so she was not included in the 2014 report.
I've mapped the groundhogs' predictions. I really need a hobby.